Sunday, August 27, 2006

insurrection of the brain

I have to reel my summer mind back into work mode.

The headaches have ceased with increased water consumption. Coffee is out of the diet, except on weekends.

Now to eliminate waking up mid-sleep cycle. I'm guessing the key is, no naps.

It's great seeing my brother. But I feel that I haven't spent very much time with him, and he's gone for two weeks to Kansas already. He'll have two weeks when he comes back, at least. Mostly, I think I'm looking for an excuse to go to another baseball game and to hang with low intensity, low maintenance people.

A lot of my kids are Sox fans. Bonus. Much different than the north shore burbs. Or perhaps the bandwagon is bigger than I thought.

It's hard for me not to compare leading retreats and teaching, since the parallels are pretty obvious. What gets me is how much *harder* teaching is. You'd thinking spending all day on a retreat would be harder than 90 little minutes in the morning involving writing, but... you'd be wrong.