Wednesday, March 22, 2006

photographing, or trying to

At least some of them turned out. I have a nasty case of the jitters. Gotta lay off the coffee.

Click the images for super-big versions.

Over the weekend, robins were hanging out in the tree directly in front of our house, while nary a robin is to be seen in any other tree on our block (I checked). I don't really care about birds sitting in trees, but it was weird that they weren't out anywhere else. They probably heard about Mama Ahn's cooking. Cuz they look fat enough to have had some of it already.

Yesterday, went to Queen of All Saints basilica in Lincolnwood, which has some of the best and most extensive displays of stained glass I've seen, even better than what I'd seen in Rome. I kinda wished for a brighter day, but the sun would probably have overpowered my dinky camera.

One of the cool things about the basilica is that the stained glass is in sets of four, with each grouping of four having a unifying theme, like the Gospel writers in this example, or significant scenes from the life of Jesus, or saints who were popes. I'm probably going back next week to photograph more of it.