Sunday, April 13, 2008

early color photos


Photos taken with the first commercially color film available to the general public. It's interesting to see images normally associated with "black and white" time in color, like the one above of South Side steel mills in 1939.

The weather is turning brighter, and I'm finding the need to take up a new hobby. While my brain searches for distraction, my body says "get to the gym, dummy." Maybe one of these days I'll actually listen.

Only a four day week this time, because I'm helping out with something for school. Woo!

There's a Coptic Orthodox Church on the way to work, and the curiosity is increasing to go and look inside. The Coptic tradition of Orthodox Christianity developed mostly in Egypt, founded by St. Mark (the Gospel writer, whose influence is felt widely across southern Europe and northern Africa). There's so little I know about the Orthodox Christianity; it's weird to think that I know more about Judaism or Islam in comparison.

Summer plans are shaping up: retreats, vacations, hanging out with Ed, taking summer school