Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Relief

So... as I driving down to Comiskey for yet another Sox/Indians game, I realized a few things.
  • The lead was down to 2.5 games.
  • We're on the verge, as ESPN keeps reminding everyone, of one of the greatest collapses in the history of the sport.
  • Nobody can get Travis Hafner out.
  • If my team lost with me in attendance for the second night in a row, then I can never go to a White Sox game again, because clearly I'm bad luck. Like finding out all of a sudden that you're allergic to your favorite food. Awful.
  • Also, I have no appropriate Sox apparel to wear. I certainly wasn't going to wear my old school Sox logo shirt after having my team lose with it. So what do I wear? The Sufjan Stevens shirt that a friend asked me to buy for him at the show last Friday. I figure, it says Illinois(e) on it, and I've been secretly coveting it. Maybe it'll be luckier. (Hey, I was going to wash it for him before handing it over anyway.)
Fortunately, all of these concerns were wiped away as Joe Crede's walkoff shot sailed over and to the right of me in the bleachers. Except for now I have a lucky tshirt that doesn't belong to me.

I will now celebrate the occasion by attending a U2 concert tonight. Maybe the Edge can hit a walkoff shot over my head, again.