Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Sox vs. Angels from Sept. 11, 2005


So, LA's Chone Figgins totally owned this game. Above, he's homering to lead off the game against El Puke-ay.



If you look, you can see Figgins stealing second. Click the image for a closer look.

Anyway. The Sox got their butts handed to them by the Angels, 6-1. But it was fun hanging out with my dad, my godson and his cousin on a late summer afternoon. And then going home to nap for a couple of hours.

Went this morning to a substitute teacher training thing, mostly consisting of watching hilariously 70s videos about office safety. Haphazard observations:

  • All school administrators must be cut from the same cloth. They are inevitably Caucasian, bespectacled, talk about how great the school year is, and are bookish, with short, practical haircuts and nice, but not too nice, clothes. It screams "den mother."
  • Younger teaching folk distinguish themselves with more modern (not more sophisticated) clothing, which basically shows more skin. Don't worry, I was well-covered.
  • I feel for the dudes fighting the baldness.
  • I don't have the inclination to write fiction. I think the problem is that I construct caricatures that make sense to me in my own head, but probably aren't realistic. And I have little inclination to let them interact with each other. Wait, now it's a video on bloodborne pathogens.

I have tickets to Bloc Party to night, but I can't get rid of my extra ticket. I sort of don't want to go at all anymore, but then that'd be a total waste. Hmm.